All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)James Bill,Mary James
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/06/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 colour tables, 87 colour illustrations, 71 colour line drawings
- Weight793 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Table Of Contents1. Seven Principles of Passive House Design 2. Applying Passive House Principles in Different Climates 3. Evolving Passive House Standards Part 1: Marine 4. Cohousing for Seasoned Folks Case Study: Cohousing development with six units, Green Hammer, Portland, OR 5. Orchards at Orenco Case Study: 57 Units of Workforce Housing, Ankrom Moisan Architects, Hillsboro, OR 6. Renovating a Family Pharmacy Case Study:Retrofit of a pharmacy, Paul McNally, Clonmel, Ireland 7. The Existing District of Tomorrow Case Study: Retrofit of 153 rowhouses, TeekenBeckersArchitects and Zuyd University, Kerkrade, Netherlands Part 2: Cold and Very Cold 8. TAO House Case Study: Single-family dwelling in a cohousing community, NEEDBASED, Taos, NM 9. Building with Straw Case Study: Single-family home, Createrra, Bad Deutsch, Austria 10. Warren Woods Ecological Field Station Case Study: University of Chicago Laboratory, GOLogic, Three Oaks, MI 11. Kolla School Case Study: New primary school, Kjellgren Kaminsky Architecture, Kungsbacka, Sweden Part 3: Mixed-Dry and Hot-Dry 12. Conversion of an 1880s Hay Barn Case Study: Single-family house retrofit, VAND arquitectura, Arcones, Spain 13. Taller Passivhaus Mexico Case Study: Retrofit of single-family dwelling, Inhab, Mexico City, Mexico 14. Casa Troni-Brien Case Study: Net-zero single-family dwelling, Arquiambiente, Lo Barnechea, Chile 15. Library of Villamediana de Iregua Case Study: Public Library, PlayArquitectura, Villamediana, Spain 16. Adjoining Office and Residential Buildings Case Study: New construction, Schoberl and Poll, Zhouzhuo, China Part 4: Mixed-Humid and Hot-Humid 17. A Brooklyn Row House Revived Case Study: Retrofit of a townhouse, Jane Sanders and Build with Prospect, Brooklyn, NY 18. Mamaroneck EnerPHit House Case Study: Single family retrofit, A.M. Benzing Architects, Mamaroneck, NY 19. Ivy City Passive Townhouses Case Study: Six townhouses, Zavos Architecture+Design, Washington, D.C. 20. Zero Energy Design House Case Study: New construction, ZedMJ Architects, Iksan, Korea Bibliography Index
- Author BiographyMary James is a science writer who specializes in covering building energy efficiency. She has written several books about passive buildings in North America. James Bill is president of Zero Impact Architecture and a founding member of Passive House California.
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £36.77Trending at £68.23
- £17.89Trending at £22.50
- £21.06Trending at £21.31
- £23.49Trending at £34.99
- £31.75Trending at £48.00
- £31.74Trending at £32.18
- £29.64Trending at £34.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.