All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £4.99Trending at £5.13
- £20.99Trending at £22.49
- £5.46Trending at £9.96
About this product
- DescriptionThis book suggests that the fierce debates over patent law and the discussion of invention and inventors in popular texts during the 19th century informed the parallel debate over the professional status of authors.
- Author BiographyClare Pettitt worked in journalism and theatre in London for six years before completing a D.Phil at Oxford University, and then taking up a lectureship in Victorian literature at Leeds University in 1997. She is currently Director of Studies and Lecturer in English at Newnham College, Cambridge. She has published several articles about Elizabeth Gaskell and Charles Dickens, and is a regular contributor to the Times Literary Supplement.
- Author(s)Clare Pettitt
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/03/2004
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2004
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notefrontispiece
- Weight606 g
- Width146 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.