All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFull of advice and support, this book is an honest account of one family's experiences of raising a child with Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome (PDA). It includes strategies to help manage PDA behaviours, information on obtaining diagnosis and raising awareness, and explanations to help readers gain a better understanding of the condition.
- Author BiographyJane Alison Sherwin began a successful career in the family business at the age of 19. When her daughter began displaying difficulties in school, eventually being diagnosed with Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome (PDA), Jane gave up work to concentrate on being her daughter's carer, teacher, advocate, psychologist, psychiatrist and her mum all rolled into one. The same drive that made her successful in the workplace was now concentrated on her family and a need to understand what drove their unique difficulties. Jane has no professional qualifications in the field of PDA; her knowledge has been self-taught through literature, media and life experience. She lives in Staffordshire, UK.
- Author(s)Jane Alison Sherwin
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/01/2015
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight340 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byPhil Christie
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.84Trending at £4.56
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.20
- £7.25Trending at £10.86
- £5.09Trending at £5.55
- £7.83Trending at £10.49
- £7.00Trending at £9.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.