Consider these sponsored items
- £16.97Was:£20.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA user friendly book that breaks down a complex subject into clear and understandable chapters providing appropriate depth for busy nursing students. It integrates both pathology and pharmacology to help students understand the relationship between the two.
- Author BiographyDr Sarah Ashelford has been a lecturer in biological sciences within the School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Studies, University of Bradford since 2005. Prior to this, Sarah was a science teacher at high schools in Leeds and Wakefield. Sarah has a BSc in Genetics and a PhD from the Centre for HIV Research, Division of Biological Science, University of Edinburgh. Sarah leads the pre-registration Pathophysiology theme for all nursing fields. Sarah is co-module leader for the post-registration Cancer- Understanding Treatment, Management & Care, Haematology and Stem-Cell Transplant, and Symptom Management in Life-limiting Illnesses modules. Sarah leads the Genetics and Health, and co-leads Applied Pathophysiology and Pharmacology in Acute and Long term conditions modules. A member of the Biosciences in Nursing Education Group, she undertakes research to enhance teaching, learning and assessment of the biosciences. Justine Raynsford has worked as a hospital pharmacist since 1991. She currently works as a specialist clinical pharmacist and non-medical prescriber in mental health for Leeds Foundation Trust. She also works as a lecturer in the school of Nursing at Bradford, teaching pharmacology to nurses. She is joint Programme leader for the non-medical prescribing course and also co-leads the Applied Pathophysiology and Pharmacology in Acute and Long term conditions modules. Dr Vanessa Taylor is Deputy Head of Nursing, Midwifery and Professional Programmes/Professor of Teaching and Learning at the University of York. Vanessa has extensive teaching, curriculum design and development experience. She has led the creation of a framework for post-registration undergraduate and postgraduate nursing education to support learning beyond registration and service innovation requirements. Vanessa has also contributed to curriculum design and delivery for pre-registration nursing awards. Vanessa has a clinical background in cancer and palliative care. As Course Leader, Vanessa co-ordinated, taught and supported students undertaking undergraduate and postgraduate study in cancer, palliative and end of life care. Vanessa has strong commitment to the student experience, the importance of high quality curriculum design and delivery for the enhancement of patient care. Vanessa is a member of the Bioscience in Nurse Education group and has undertaken projects evaluating bioscience teaching in pre-registration curricula. Her research interests also focus on the evaluation of cancer, palliative and end of life education, workforce development and service evaluation. Vanessa has led projects identifying the cancer-specific learning needs of the primary, community and palliative care workforce with the Macmillan Cancer Improvement Project and has developed End of Life Care Outcomes for Health Education Yorkshire and the Humber.
- Author(s)Justine Raynsford,Sarah Ashelford,Vanessa Taylor
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/05/2016
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleTransforming Nursing Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
Most relevant reviews
- shellyd_200917 Aug, 2017by
Good read Great help for me
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £13.30Trending at £13.53
- £11.65Trending at £13.99
- £13.45Trending at £16.42
- £6.95Trending at £7.07
- £11.09Trending at £12.99
- £12.58Trending at £17.98
- £8.50Trending at £8.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.