Pathways to Industrialization in the Twenty-First Century: New Challenges and Emerging Paradigms by Oxford University Press (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £125.15Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by the_nile_stores
- See details for delivery est.
- £49.78Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by better_world_books_uk
- Est. delivery by 28 Dec
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £8.95Trending at £11.98
- £32.27Trending at £33.25
- £10.55Trending at £11.21
- £10.22Trending at £10.75
- £8.85Trending at £12.38
- £8.22Trending at £9.99
- £6.54Trending at £8.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with the importance of industrialization and the development of manufacturing in the economic development process. It focuses specifically on new challenges such as global value chains, the rise of China, climate change, and the role of state versus private sector entrepreneurs in forging appropriate industrial policies.
- Author BiographyAdam Szirmai is Professorial fellow at UNU-MERIT and Professor of Development Economics at the Maastricht Graduate School of Governance of Maastricht University. His research focuses technological change, productivity, and growth in manufacturing in developing countries, and on the determinants of economic growth and stagnation in the long run. His textbook The Dynamics of Socioeconomic Development was published by Cambridge University Press in 2005. A second edition is in preparation. Jointly with Wim Naude and Micheline Goodhuys, he is editor of the book Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Economic Development, published by Oxford University press in 2011. Wim Naude is Professor of Development Economics and Entrepreneurship and Vice-Dean at Maastricht School of Management and Professorial Fellow at UNU-MERIT and the Maastricht Graduate School of Management, University of Maastricht. Previously, he was Senior Research Fellow at UNU-WIDER in Helsinki, Professor and director of research at North-West University, South Africa and Research Officer at the Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford. He is a graduate of the University of Warwick. Ludovico Alcorta is Director of UNIDO's Development Policy, Statistics and Research Branch (DPR). Prior to joining UNIDO Dr Alcorta served as Professor in Economics of Technology and Innovation at the Maastricht School of Management, was a Research Fellow at the Institute for New Technologies, United Nations University and worked as Economist for Latin America at the Economist Intelligence Unit and Midland Bank. He has performed consultancy work for UNCTAD and for UN's Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC). He is also an Affiliated Professor at the Dusseldorf Business School and the Universidad Catolica del Peru in Lima.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleWIDER Studies in Development Economics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note41 Figures, 44 Tables
- Weight848 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byAdam Szirmai,Ludovico Alcorta,Wim Naude
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.