All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduces student nurses and novice practitioners to the assessment process enabling them to identify patient problems in order for solutions to be planned and implemented.
- Author BiographyLioba Howatson-Jones is a Senior Lecturer in Nursing and Applied Clinical Studies at Canterbury Christ Church University, where she teaches on preregistration, postregistration and Masters level courses. She has taught at the University since 2003 and has a particular interest in reflective practice and person-centred care. Her research interests include nurses' learning and inclusion of carers' perspectives within patient assessment. Lioba has published on these and other clinical topics since 1999 and completed a PhD in Education in 2010. Dr Mooi Standing is an independent nursing and educational consultant with over 40 years' experience that includes: i) practising mental health and adult nursing in a range of hospital and community settings; ii) lecturing pre-registration and post-registration nursing students from certificate to Masters level and presenting scholarly papers at international nursing conferences; iii) researching how nurses develop clinical decision-making skills and publishing articles, books and chapters on this topic for nursing students, registered nurses and advanced practitioners; and iv) providing external consultancy in curriculum development and quality enhancement of nursing programmes both nationally and internationally. Mooi is currently a Series Editor for Learning Matters/SAGE Publications' 'Transforming Nursing Practice' books, an accredited Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Quality Assurance reviewer of nursing educational programmes, and a Professional Regulator as a Panellist on the NMC Practice Committee. After qualifying as an RN in 1986, Sue completed a Diploma in Community Healthcare and worked as a District Nurse until 1997. She then took a post at Canterbury Christ Church University as a Nurse Fellow, before taking on her current role as a Senior Lecturer in 2000. She also has a BSc (Hons) in Community Health Care and an MA in Applied Social Science. Her professional interests include Primary Care, Public Health and Tissue Viability.
- Author(s)Lioba Howatson-Jones,Mooi Standing,Susan B. Roberts
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleTransforming Nursing Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £25.67Trending at £27.18
- £137.64Trending at £159.99
- £22.36Trending at £24.29
- £43.13Trending at £46.00
- £56.66Trending at £59.85
- £39.38Trending at £45.90
- £18.99Trending at £24.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.