Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.99
- £9.41Trending at £16.98
- £9.53Trending at £14.98
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £18.98Trending at £29.99
- £11.55Trending at £14.99
About this product
- DescriptionPre-modern society was overshadowed by illness and the threat of death. This book examines the sick in Britain between 1650-1850, focusing on the personal and sociological bonds between patients and doctors, examining in particular the economic and ethical dimensions of this relationship.
- Author BiographyRoy Porter is Professor of the History of Medicine at the Wellcome Institute. Both he and Dorothey Porter are currently working on a history of public health and a history of ideas of health and disease.
- Author(s)Dorothy Porter,Roy Porter
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication14/09/1989
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleMedicine & Society
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.