Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.24Trending at £10.95
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £29.50Trending at £30.44
- £18.40Trending at £19.90
About this product
- DescriptionThe author, an anthropologist specializing in bureaucratic organizations and gender studies, was hired to monitor the project. Analyzing her own experience as a practicing development expert, she demonstrates that the professed goal of women's empowerment is a pretext for promoting economic organizational goals and the interests of local elites.
- Author BiographyEsther Hertzog is a Social Anthropologist at Beit Berl College in Israel. Her research focuses on bureaucracy and gender relations. She has published, Immigrants and Bureaucrats (Berghahn, 1999); Op-Ed, Feminist Social Justice in Israel (Hebrew, 2004); Life, Death and Sacrifice, Women and Family in the Holocaust (ed.) (Gefen, 2008), Perspectives on Israeli Anthropology (Wayne State University Press, 2010), At Teachers' Expence: Gender and Power in Israeli Education (co-ed.) (Hebrew, 2010), many articles and chapters, and hundreds of articles in Israeli dailies. She has been involved in feminist activities for more than twenty years and founded a women's NGO, two Women's parties, and the Women's Parliament.
- Author(s)Esther Hertzog
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight542 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.