Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £9.09Trending at £12.98
- £8.87Trending at £9.92
- £6.10Trending at £6.23
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £11.41Trending at £14.18
- £24.93Trending at £25.85
- £11.71Trending at £12.80
About this product
- DescriptionShows how the policies, practices, forms and historical dynamics of the American empire repeat those of the British empire.
- Author BiographyJulian Go is an Associate Professor of Sociology at Boston University. He is also a Faculty Affiliate in Asian Studies and New England and American Studies at Boston University. He is editor of the journal Political Power and Social Theory. He is a former Academy Scholar at Harvard University's Academy for International and Area Studies. His first book, American Empire and the Politics of Meaning, won the Mary Douglas Prize for Best Book from the American Sociological Association and was a finalist for a Philippines National Book Award. His other books include The American Colonial State in the Philippines: Global Perspectives, which he co-edited and More American Than We Admit: The Influence of American Culture on the Philippines, which he edited.
- PrizesWinner of Francesco Guicciardini Prize for Best Book in Historical International Relations 2014.
- Author(s)Julian Go
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/10/2011
- GenreHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note11 b/w illus. 1 map 9 tables
- Weight520 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.