Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/08/2015
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleCSS Studies in Security and International Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMarco Wyss,Thierry Tardy
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: Africa: The Peacekeeping Laboratory, Thierry Tardy and Marco Wyss 1. Changing Dimensions of International Peacekeeping in Africa, Megan Gleason-Roberts and Alischa Kugel 2. An Evolving Model of African-led Peace Support Operations? Lessons from Burundi, Sudan (Darfur) and Somalia, Jide Martyns Okeke 3. EU Peacekeeping in Africa: Towards an Indirect Approach, Alexander Mattelaer and Esther Marijnen 4. Whose Money Funds African Peace Operations? Negotiating Influence and Autonomy with External Partners, David Ambrosetti and Romain Esmenjaud 5. China's Peacekeeping Efforts in Africa: Assessing the Contributions, Future Prospects, and Challenges, Ian Taylor 6. Indian Peacekeeping and the Performance of the United Nations Mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zachariah Mampilly 7. Primus inter Pares? France and Multi-Actor Peacekeeping in Cote d'Ivoire, Marco Wyss 8. When the Neighbours Keep a Foot in the Door: Regional Interventions and Peacekeeping Missions in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Somalia, Judith Vorrath 9. The Long Path to MINUSMA: Assessing the International Response to the Crisis in Mali, Lori-Anne Theroux-Benoni 10. The Democratic Republic of Congo: A Laboratory for International Peace Operations, Meike Froitzheim 11. The Perils of Peacekeeping as a Tool of RtoP: The Case of Darfur, David Lanz 12. The Dilemmas of State Consent in United Nations Peace Operations: The Case of the United Nations Operation in Cote d'Ivoire, Giulia Piccolino Conclusion, Karen A. Mingst
- Author BiographyThierry Tardy is a Senior Analyst at the European Union Institute for Security Studies. He is the editor of European Security in a Global Context (2009) and Peace Operations after 11 September 2001 (2004). Marco Wyss is a Senior Lecturer in Politics and Contemporary History at the University of Chichester, UK. He is the author of Arms Transfers, Neutrality and Britain's Role in the Cold War (2013) and Un Suisse au Service de la SS (2010).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.