Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.00
- £19.38Trending at £30.02
- £9.88Trending at £11.14
- £10.71Trending at £12.34
- £12.89Trending at £16.62
- £10.84Trending at £11.28
- £11.30Trending at £13.26
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the 1854 abolition of slavery in Peru, a new generation of plantation owners turned to a system of peasant tenantry to maintain cotton production through the use of cheap labour. Tis book offers an account of the monumental struggle between planters and peasants that was fundamental in shaping the agrarian history of Peru.
- Author BiographyVincent C. Peloso is Associate Professor of History at Howard University.
- Author(s)Vincent C. Peloso
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication03/03/1999
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleLatin America Otherwise
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note4 b&w photographs, 11 tables, 4 maps, 2 figures
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.