CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.28Trending at £16.26
- £13.30Trending at £13.53
- £13.45Trending at £16.42
- £6.95Trending at £7.07
- £5.45Trending at £7.98
- £12.58Trending at £17.98
- £8.50Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of liver tumors in children has seen huge therapeutic advances over recent years. This book offers an update on this complex and rapidly evolving field. It discloses how the outcome of a previously devastating disease has been dramatically improved.
- Author BiographyProf.Dr.med.em Arthur Zimmermann graduated in Medicine at the University of Berne, Switzerland. He attended the local Pathology Residency Program, followed by several years of experipmental basic research in the fields of cancer cell cycle mutants and mechanisms of leukocyte and cancer cell motility. As chief of staff and then head of the division of surgical pathology at the University of Berne he specialized in hepatobiliary and pancreatic tumor pathology, where he became the author and coauthor of more than 500 publications. Until July 2009, Prof. Zimmermann was Acting Director of the Institute of Pathology of the University of Berne. As an expert in pediatric liver tumors he is an international consultant and holds the Pathology Review Center for the International Childhood Liver Tumor Study Group ( SIOPEL ). Prof. Giorgio Perilongo graduated in Medicine in 1980 at the University of Padua, Italy; he then attended the local Pediatric Residency program for then completing his post-graduate education with a fellowship in Hematology-Oncology first and in Neuro-Oncology thereafter at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Presently he is the Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics of the University Hospital in Padua. He was among the founders of the International Childhood Liver Tumor Study Groups (otherwise known as SIOPEL group), the international cooperative research group on childhood liver tumors based in Europe conceived within the umbrella of the International Society of Pediatric Oncology. Within this group is has and he is still playing a very active role. He chaired a series of clinical trials already published in the main international scientific journals.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitlePediatric Oncology
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content NoteXII, 232 p.
- Weight517 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byArthur Zimmermann,Giorgio Perilongo
- Edition Statement2011 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.