Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £12.06Trending at £15.18
- £10.75Trending at £13.77
- £3.99Trending at £6.99
- £11.33Trending at £14.47
- £4.95Trending at £5.49
- £9.97Trending at £10.99
- £4.63Trending at £5.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis book collects new information about ueterinarii and veterinary treatises in the Roman world, and elucidates technical and other aspects of Latin veterinary language. The treatise of Pelagonius is at the core of the book, but reference is also made to the full range of texts which deal with animals, from Cato through to Vegetius.
- Author BiographyJ.N. Adams, Ph.D. (1970), Oxford, F.B.A. (1992), is Professor of Latin in the University of Manchester. He has published extensively on Latin linguistics, particularly on sub- and non-literary varieties of the language.
- Author(s)J. N. Adams
- Date of Publication01/07/1995
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in Ancient Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 11
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight1374 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.