CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £25.01
- £26.30Trending at £27.02
- £17.46Trending at £17.95
- £20.30Trending at £26.89
- £16.38Trending at £16.87
- £25.36Trending at £30.41
- £20.87Trending at £21.21
About this product
- Author(s)S. Ejaz Ahmed
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication11/12/2013
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Statistics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight207 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsPreface.- Estimation Strategies.- Improved Estimation Strategies in Normal and Poisson Models.- Pooling Data: Making Sense or Folly.- Estimation Strategies in Multiple Regression Models.- Estimation Strategies in Partially Linear Models.- Estimation Strategies in Poisson Regression Models.
- Author BiographyEjaz Ahmed is a Professor and Dean of the Faculty of Math and Science at Brock University. Prior to joining Brock, he was a professor and head of Mathematics at the University of Windsor and University of Regina, having previously held a faculty position at the University of Western Ontario. His areas of expertise include statistical inference, shrinkage estimation, high dimensional data and asymptotic theory. He has published over 135 articles in scientific journals, been thesis advisor of eleven Ph.D. students, held over 150 scholarly presentations and reviewed over 100 books. Further, he has authored/coauthored six books and served as a Board of Director and Chairman of the Education Committee of the Statistical Society of Canada and VP Communication for ISBIS. His research activities and work have been recognized in his election as a Fellow of the American Statistical Association, selection as member of an Evaluation Group, Discovery Grants and the Grant Selection Committee, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, and by serving as an editor/associate editor of many statistical journals, including SPL and CSDA and as a book review editor for Technometrics.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.