All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA picture book and DVD edition, which features a story animation. Ben is delighted when he rips open his present and finds a penguin inside. Hello, Penguin! he says. Penguin says nothing. It isn't until a passing lion intervenes that Penguin finally speaks and when he does, Ben discovers something that was really worth waiting for.
- Author BiographyPolly is the illustrator of Down the Back of the Chair by Margaret Mahy and author and illustrator of Dog Blue (9781844285143) and Flyaway Katie (9781844285174). She has created her own range of delightful greeting cards and thinks that colour is a brilliant way to cheer yourself up - whenever she's feeling grey, she puts on her best pink frock! Polly is the daughter of the distinguished author Joyce Dunbar, with whom she collaborated on the picture book Shoe Baby (9781406301618). Polly lives in Brighton.
- PrizesWinner of Red House Children's Book Awards: Books for Younger Children 2008 and Booktrust Early Years Award: Pre-school Award 2007 and Nestle Children's Book Prize: Age 5 and Under (Silver) 2007. Short-listed for Kate Greenaway Medal 2008.
- Author(s)Polly Dunbar
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2007
- FormatMixed media product
- GenrePicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date11/09/2009
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Width215 mm
- Height260 mm
- Contained items statementContains 1 Paperback and 1 Digital (on physical carrier)
Most relevant reviews
- kidzkardz070828 Sep, 2013by
superb bedtime story for toddlers
Little girl adores this book. Its lovely to read and the illustrations are lively too. Would recommend
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- £3.56Trending at £3.86
- £4.45Trending at £4.50
- £2.87Trending at £5.49
- £17.18Trending at £17.38
- £3.59Trending at £5.07
- £9.60Trending at £12.07
- £5.69Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.