Best-selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- £339.86Trending at £349.72
- £1,653.95Trending at £2,095.06
- £1,809.00Trending at £1,846.37
- £1,499.00Trending at £1,737.35
- £1,399.99Trending at £1,446.47
- £769.00Trending at £999.00
- £879.99Trending at £1,055.38
About this product
- Product InformationThe lightweight Pentax K-X offers many advanced features, including high-definition video and Live View functions. The K-X digital camera also has a shake-reduction feature to stabilise video and images. The filter modes on this 12.4 MP digital SLR camera allow the creative processing of images through a variety of special effects. The 2.7-inch (68.6-mm) LCD display detects up to 16 faces in a single image and offers phase difference and contrast in the Live View function. The Pentax K-X captures high-definition wide screen video at 24 fps at a resolution of 1280x720 pixels. Pentax Auto Picture and scene modes on this K-X digital camera help the user capture excellent shots almost anywhere. Users can record almost every move with the 4.7 fps capture speed of this 12.4 MP digital SLR camera. In addition, the wide-angle autofocus system features movement tracking to help focus on the moving subject. The Pentax K-X has HDR image capture that can blend up to three images into one while maintaining the shadow, highlight, and midrange detail that users desire. This kit also includes an 18 mm-55 mm lens.
- Camera TypeDigital SLR
- Optical Zoom3.1x
- Sensor Resolution12.4MP
- Screen Size2.7"
- Sensor TypeCMOS
- Lens For SD18-55mm
- Focal Length Range18mm - 55mm
- Light SensitivityISO 100-12800
- Weight517 gr
- Display TypeLCD
- Display Size2.7"
- Max Video Resolution1280 x 720
- FeaturesBuilt-in Flash,Self Timer
Most relevant reviews
- sian21_sian0209 Apr, 2015by
A great entry level dslr. You won't be disappointed with this purchase.
OK, I did my research and learned a bit about dslr's on the way. Firstly, megapixels aren't particularly important (unless you're intending to make huge posters), the quality of the sensor is. I went for the Pentax K-x because it was a great entry level camera. It can be used in a pretty much fully automatic mode that does it all for you, or you can opt for a manual mode and take full control yourself. The supplied lens was fine and I discovered that Pentax lenses can be picked up for a reasonable cost. Picture quality is superb. Unless you're a real "expert", I don't think you'll find much to fault the picture quality. That doesn't mean to say all your pictures will be perfect, It does take a little practice to get those great shots. I found that I could use my old Pentax lenses with this camera as it utilises the K-mount system as used in most of their film cameras. (I happened to have the KX film camera too). Manual settings make this possible and some of these lenses can be bought for a song on Ebay. Another advantage is that this camera uses standard AA batteries. I have plenty of NiMh batteries that work great in this camera and seem to last for absolutely ages. It's much easier to have a few spare AA batteries than go to the expense of buying dedicated battery packs for each device you own. Read full review
- 1571keith10 Nov, 2013by
fantastic basic DSLR
just got back into photography again after many years, I used to use pentax cameras all the time when it was all film and buying this camera was like re discovering an old friend.
- acop770606 Jan, 2012by
A great camera to learn SLR photography.
I bought the Pentax K-x as a present. The user likes: that it is a named brand, the quality of the lens, that the batteries do not have to be a specific size. The user dislikes: nothing Comparison with others: less megapixels.
- storm651114 Dec, 2011by
Pentax K-x - Outstanding Digital SLR Camera
Fantastic, superb, quality DSLR for beginners, intermediate or experienced users. It is unbelievable the features and quality on offer for such a reasonable price. The K-x takes stunning pictures and has amazing low light capabilities. It is compact, light and very well built. Also, the kit lens is superb and is good enough not to require an upgrade. This DSLR cannot be beaten for Value for Money and anyone considering it should not hesitate. There is also a vibrant Pentax user community with members always willing to offer help and advice. This camera is OUTSTANDING.
- roy214905 Jun, 2011by
Nice camera, good value for money secondhand, great results.
This is a great camera that is not too big or too small and does pretty much as is says on the box...able to take great photos. Would reommend as perfect for an absolute DSLR beginner who wants to upgrade or for the more experienced photographer who is looking for a value for money camera.