Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £52.63Trending at £53.70
- £5.35Trending at £5.46
- £22.74Trending at £23.30
- £7.00Trending at £7.15
- £17.24Trending at £17.61
- £10.79Trending at £14.99
- £7.99Trending at £8.13
About this product
- Author(s)Jonathan Holt Shannon
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication28/07/2015
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitlePublic Cultures of the Middle East and North Africa
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note10 b&w illus.
- Weight395 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsPrelude Acknowledgments A Note on Transliteration Overture Performance, Nostalgia, and the Rhetoric of al-Andalus: Mediterranean Soundings 1. In the Shadows of Ziryab: Narratives of al-Andalus and Andalusian Music 2. The Rhetoric of al-Andalus in Modern Syria, or, There and Back Again 3. The Rhetoric of al-Andalus in Morocco: Genealogical Imagination and Authenticity 4. The Rhetoric of al-Andalus in Spain: Nostalgic Dwelling among the Children of Ziryab Finalis The Project of al-Andalus and Nostalgic Dwelling in the 21st Century Glossary Notes References Index
- Author BiographyJonathan Holt Shannon is Professor of Anthropology at Hunter College, CUNY. He is author of Among the Jasmine Trees: Music and Modernity in Contemporary Syria and A Wintry Day in Damascus: Syrian Stories.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.