All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerforming New Lives draws together some of the most original and innovative programs in contemporary prison theatre. Leading prison theatre directors and practitioners discuss the prison theatre experience first-hand, and offer valuable insights. It is essential reading for drama therapists, theatre artists, prison educators and academics.
- Author BiographyJonathan Shailor is a Professor of Communication at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. He has been facilitating the theatre of empowerment in prisons, schools and other settings for over 15 years, and is the founder and director of The Shakespeare Prison Project, which originated at Racine Correctional Institution in 2004. Inmates who participate in the project engage in a nine-month process of training, rehearsal and reflection that culminates in multiple performances of a Shakespeare play before prison and public audiences. Jonathan resides in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note19 photographs
- Weight417 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byJonathan Shailor
- Foreword byEvelyn Ploumis-Devick
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £22.62Trending at £23.38
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £9.97Trending at £12.03
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
- £6.20Trending at £6.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.