All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of Shakespeare's touching fable of loss and reunion, developed by and for the RSC, includes new interviews with directors Dominic Cooke, Adrian Jackson and Adrian Noble, and actor Laura Rees, looks at specific productions in the play's history, and includes an illuminating introduction by acclaimed scholar Jonathan Bate.
- Author BiographyJONATHAN BATE Professor of Shakespeare and Renaissance Literature, University of Warwick, UK, and the editor of The RSC Shakespeare: The Complete Works. He has held visiting posts at Harvard, Yale and UCLA and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature, a Fellow of the British Academy, an Honorary Fellow of St Catherine's College, Cambridge, and a Governor and Board member of the Royal Shakespeare Company. A prominent critic, award-winning biographer and broadcaster, he is the author of several books on Shakespeare, including The Genius of Shakespeare (Picador), which was praised by Sir Peter Hall, founder of the RSC, as 'the best modern book on Shakespeare.' In June 2006 he was awarded a CBE by HM The Queen 'for services to Higher Education'. ERIC RASMUSSEN Professor of English at the University of Nevada, USA, and the Textual Editor of The RSC Shakespeare: The Complete Works. He is co-editor of the Norton Anthology of English Renaissance Drama and has edited volumes in both the Arden Shakespeare and Oxford World's Classics series. He is the General Textual Editor of the Internet Shakespeare Editions project - one of the most visited Shakespeare websites in the world. For over nine years he has written the annual review of editions and textual studies for the Shakespeare Survey.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication22/02/2012
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleThe RSC Shakespeare
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight219 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byEric Rasmussen,Jonathan Bate
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £34.31Trending at £39.85
- £6.80Trending at £8.98
- £2.81Trending at £3.42
- £4.99Trending at £5.17
- £5.99Trending at £8.84
- £9.57Trending at £10.99
- £8.98Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.