All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £12.31Trending at £13.94
- £11.95Trending at £17.51
- £12.31Trending at £13.93
- £13.77Trending at £20.01
- £31.88Trending at £36.35
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
- £6.78Trending at £12.99
About this product
- DescriptionCan a rotten political institution save itself? A story from English history has relevance for our own Congress...
- Author BiographyAntonia Fraser has written several historical biographies which have been international bestsellers, since Mary, Queen of Scots published in 1969. These include Marie Antoinette, The Six Wives of Henry VIII, and Cromwell. Other historical works include The Weaker Vessel: Woman's Lot in Seventeenth Century England, and Faith and Treason: the Gunpowder Plot. Antonia Fraser was president of English Pen, the world-wide writers' organization for free speech, and is now a vice-president. She has received many prizes, including the Wolfson History Award, the Norton Medlicott Historical Association Medal, the Franco-British Literary Prize, and the St. Louis Literary Award. She was made a D.B.E (Dame) in 2011 for services to literature. She was married to the Nobel Laureate, Harold Pinter, who died in 2008.
- Author(s)Antonia Fraser
- PublisherINGRAM PUBLISHER SERVICES US
- Date of Publication07/05/2013
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.