Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe government of Yemen remains largely incapable of providing goods and services to its population, but the regime continues to endure despite its fragility in the global order. Revealing what holds Yemen together in such circumstances, this book shows how citizens form national attachments even in the absence of strong state institutions.
- Author BiographyLisa Wedeen is professor in and chair of the Department of Political Science at the University of Chicago and the author of Ambiguities of Domination: Politics, Rhetoric, and Symbols in Contemporary Syria.
- Author(s)Lisa Wedeen
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication19/09/2008
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleChicago Studies in Practices of Meaning
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note6 halftones, 4 maps
- Weight440 g
- Width158 mm
- Height231 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.