All listings for this product
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £53.46Trending at £61.73
- £24.86Trending at £25.79
- £39.53Trending at £42.37
- £36.63Trending at £42.25
- £37.60Trending at £41.79
- £24.86Trending at £30.24
- £23.15Trending at £24.10
About this product
- DescriptionWith more than a million dedicated programmers, Perl has proven to be the best computing language in computing and business. This book contains chapters on productivity hacks, user interaction, data munging, working with modules, object hacks, and, debugging. It is aimed at experienced developer or a dabbler who simply enjoys exploring technology.
- Author Biographychromatic is the technical editor of the O'Reilly Network, specializing in programming, Linux(R), and open source development. He's also been known to evangelize to his co-workers toward better development practices, being the author of Extreme Programming Pocket Guide and the co-author of Perl Testing: A Developer's Notebook. chromatic has occasionally produced startling numbers of test suites -- and a few testing modules -- for projects including Perl 5, Perl 6, Pugs, and Parrot. Someday, he'd like to claim some responsibility for improving the quality of all software, by writing articles, producing good code, giving interesting talks, and developing better tools. He lives just west of Portland, Oregon with two cats, a creek in his backyard, and a park one house over. It's too late for him to choose a more realistic-sounding pen name. Books Dr. Damian Conway is a Senior Lecturer in Computer Science and Software Engineering at Monash University (Melbourne, Australia), where he teaches object-oriented software engineering. He is an effective teacher, an accomplished writer, and the author of several popular Perl modules. He is also a semi-regular contributor to the Perl Journal. In 1998 he was the winner of the Larry Wall Award for Practical Utility for two modules (Getopt::Declare and Lingua::EN::Inflect) and in 1999 he won his second Larry for his Coy.pm haiku-generation module. Curtis Ovid Poe is a Senior Programmer at Kineticode, Inc. and lives in Portland, OR.
- Author(s)Chromatic,Curtis 'Ovid' Poe,Damian Conway
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication18/05/2006
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight402 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.