Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £6.58Trending at £7.00
- £12.38Trending at £15.88
- £9.60Trending at £10.02
- £7.97Trending at £9.99
- £7.97Trending at £11.98
- £5.54Trending at £6.00
- £28.39Trending at £32.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume sets out a new statistical approach to test allelic association and genotype-specific effects in the genetic study of a disease. Primarily based on population-based association studies, the book also evaluates them compared to other methods.
- Author BiographyProf. Luigi Salmaso: Study period (1995) with an ERASMUS grant at the Department of Mathematics - Statistics Division of Athens University. Degree in Statistical and Economic Science from University of Padova. Graduation thesis developed under the supervision of Prof. Stratis Kounias (Dep. of Mathematics - Statistics Division of Athens University). Study period at Department of Mathematics - Statistics Division of Athens University (1998). Study period (1999) at the following universities and research centers of the United States: Texas Tech University (Department of Mathematics and Statistics), Kansas State University (Department of Statistics), University of Washington (Department of Statistics), MathSoft (Seattle branch). Ph.D. in Statistics, from University of Padova with Thesis entitled: Orthogonal two-level factorial designs and permutation testing for effects , developed under the supervision of Prof. Fortunato Pesarin (Dep. of Statistical Sciences - University of Padova) and Prof. Stratis Kounias (Dep. of Mathematics, Athens University). Since 1996 collaboration with the Consorzio Mario Negri Sud - Pharmacological and Biomedical Research Center, concerning the development and the application of nonparametric multivariate methods for hypothesis testing in biomedical studies. Since 1999 member of MURST project: Methods of Statistic Inference for Complex Problems, coordinated by Prof. F. Pesarin (Dep. of Statistical Sciences, University of Padova). Teacher of Statistics at the Degree Course in Managerial Engineering of the Engineering Faculty of University of Padova. Teacher of short refresher courses about nonparametric methods at the Pharmacological Research Centre Consorzio Mario Negri Sud (Chieti).
- Author(s)Dario Mazzaro,Livio Corain,Luigi Salmaso,Rosa Arboretti
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication09/07/2011
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Statistics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 38 black & white tables, biography
- Weight126 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.