Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £10.49Trending at £12.34
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
- £11.83Trending at £14.47
About this product
- Author(s)Claudio Simeoni,Marcello Colitti
- Date of Publication11/09/2013
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight278 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
- Table Of ContentsOne: the Resources.- 1 : The size of present and future hydrocarbon reserves.- Oil and gas reserves, proven and to be found.- Estimate of reserves to be discovered.- Exploration needed to discover the potential oil reserves.- The petroleum provinces.- The new field wildcat (NFW) as an indicator.- The number of NFW to be drilled in future.- Conclusion.- 2: Hydrocarbon production capacity.- Reserves to production ratio.- Production at maximum efficient rate (MER).- The level of crude oil (and of natural gas) production according to a demand trend.- Conclusion.- Methodology.- Two: The Development of the Oil Industry.- 3: A picture of the oil business to-day.- The oil market as a spaghetti junction .- The actors and the figures.- 4: The good old days .- The need to manage the oil industry.- Management by integration and interlocking concessions.- Why the system came to be terminated.- 5: The oil revolution.- The oil consumers and the developed oil-consuming countries.- The oil-exporting countries.- The oil companies.- An assessment.- 6: The objectives and instruments of the exporters.- Management by volume, or the short-term approach.- The oil rent.- The composition of supply.- The energy market and the consumer countries' economies.- The time-horizon of the producers.- Summing up.- 7: The countershock.- 8: Summing up the great change.- An economist's interpretation.- Some graphs.- A cyclical model.- The political angle.- The birthmarks of the industry.- The reaction.- A summing up.- The experience up to the present time.- 9: A modest proposal: a policy of interdependence. The need for consumer consensus.- The first Interdependence study.- How the situation has changed.- A structural element of the oil industry: the role of the State.- A modest proposal.- Appendix: The advantages of interdependence.- Annex 1: Definitions and Classifications.- Annex 2: Chronology of the 97 Meetings of the OPEC Conferences.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.