All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Dawn Day Biehler
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication28/01/2015
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleWeyerhaeuser Environmental Books
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Note27 illus.
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Series Edited byPaul S. Sutter
- Foreword byWilliam Cronon
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsForeword by William Cronon� Acknowledgments� Introduction: History, Ecology, and the Politics of Pests� Part OneThe Promises of Modern Pest Control� 1. Flies: Agents of Interconnection in Progressive Era Cities� 2. Bedbugs: Creatures of Community in Modernizing Cities� 3. German Cockroaches: Permeable Homes in the Postwar Era� 4. Norway Rats: Back-Alley Ecology in the Chemical AgePart TwoPersistence and Resistance in the Age of Ecology 5. The Ecology of Injustice: Rats in the Civil Rights Era 6. Integrating Urban Homes: Cockroaches and SurvivalEpilogue: The Persistence and Resurgence of Bedbugs NotesSelected Bibliography Index
- Author BiographyDawn Day Biehler is assistant professor of geography and environmental studies at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. She lives with her family in Washington, D.C.
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £23.48Trending at £24.50
- £20.52Trending at £21.10
- £13.79Trending at £18.95
- £19.26Trending at £25.89
- £16.94Trending at £21.24
- £17.34Trending at £22.47
- £17.42Trending at £24.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.