All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough Francesco Petrarca (1304-74) is best known today for cementing the sonnet's place in literary history, he was also a philosopher, historian, orator, and one of the foremost classical scholars of his age. This title provides information on each of Petrarch's works, its place in the poet's oeuvre, and an exposition of its defining features.
- Author BiographyVictoria Kirkham is professor emerita of Romance languages at the University of Pennsylvania. She is the author of three books, most recently Fabulous Vernacular: Boccaccio's Filocolo and the Art of Medieval Fiction. Armando Maggi is professor of Romance languages and a member of the Committee on the History of Culture at the University of Chicago. He is the author of several books, including Satan's Rhetoric and In the Company of Demons, both published by the University of Chicago Press.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication02/05/2012
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note8 halftones
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byArmando Maggi,Victoria Kirkham
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £4.99Trending at £7.99
- £4.95Trending at £8.99
- £25.75Trending at £26.99
- £7.42Trending at £9.99
- £5.20Trending at £10.07
- £7.58Trending at £9.99
- £8.00Trending at £10.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.