All listings for this product
Best-selling in Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
Save on Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
- £9.41Trending at £9.95
- £15.60Trending at £22.99
- £7.42Trending at £7.71
- £9.52Trending at £10.32
- £8.81Trending at £9.98
- £6.80Trending at £7.98
- £7.39Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionSophocles' age-old existential questions are asked again, and are found to be as relevant as ever. In a translation from playwright, tv presenter and journalist Keith Dewhurst. The play was written during the Peloponnesian War. It was first performed at the Festival of Dionysus in 409 BC, where it won first prize.
- Author BiographyKeith Dewhurst was born in Oldham and studied at Cambridge University. In addition to his writing for stage and screen, he has been a yarn tester in a cotton mill, a football journalist (touring with Manchester United during the 1998-99 season), an arts columnist for the Guardian and a Television Presenter. He has written 16 stage pays, including 'Rafferty's Chant', 'Pirates', 'Brecht in 20', 'Corunna!', 'Kidnapped', 'The Miser', 'The Magic Island', 'The Bomb In Brewery Street', 'One Short', 'Luggage', 'Black Snow' and 'Animals of Farthing Wood' many of which were premiered by the English Stage Company at the Royal Court. He has also written 18 TV screenplays and 2 films, 'The Empty Beach' and 'The Land Girls'.
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2000
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleAbsolute Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Andrzej Klimowski
- Translated byKeith Dewhurst
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.