All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Alex C. Michalos
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication26/06/2017
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note22 Illustrations, black and white; XXXII, 305 p. 22 illus.
- Weight672 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2017
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1. Introduction: Context and Connections.- Chapter 2. Alex C. Michalos: Pioneer of Quality of Life and Social Indicators; Bruno Zumbo.- Chapter 3. An Interview with Alex C. Michalos; Dan Weijers.- Chapter 4. The Best Teacher I Ever Had Was J. Coert Rylaarsdam.- Chapter 5. The Case for Atheism, Notes for a Discussion; Alex C. Michalos.- Chapter 6. Logic, Philosophy of Science and the Quality of Life: In Philosophy and World Problem; Alex C. Michalos.- Chapter 7. Philosophy of Social Science; Alex C. Michalos.- Chapter 8. Postulates of Rational Preference; Alex C. Michalos.- Chapter 9. Decision making in Committees; Alex C. Michalos.- Chapter 10. Analytic and Other 'Dumb' Guides for Life; Alex C. Michalos.- Chapter 11. The Mortality of Cognitive Decision-Meking (Ethics of Beliefs); Alex C. Michalos.- Chapter 12. Meeting Current Needs; Alex C. Michalos.- Chapter 13. A Reconsideration of the Idea of a Science Court; Alex C. Michalos.-Chapter 14. Technology Assessment, Facts and Values; Alex C. Michalos.- Chapter 15. A Pragmatic Theory of Value; Alex C. Michalos.- Chapter 16. Creating a Culture of Support for Social Sciences: Lessons from the first Forty Years of the social Sciences Federation of Canada; Alex C. Michalos.- Chapter 17. Notes for a System of Scientific Research Reports Accounts: Paper Presented at a Conference at the Berlin Institute for Social Research; Alex C. Michalos.
- Author BiographyProf. Alex Michalos currently serves as an Adjunct Professor of Philosophy at Brandon University. He is also the Director of Research for the Canadian Index of Wellbeing and Emeritus Professor in Political Science at his former institution, the University of Northern British Columbia. Michalos has published 24 books, over 100 refereed articles, and founded or co-founded seven scholarly journals. Among the seven, he is Editor in Chief for the Journal of Business Ethics, the most frequently cited journal in the world devoted to business ethics, and Social Indicators Research, the first scholarly journal devoted to quality of life research. He is married to Dr. Deborah Poff, President and Vice-Chancellor of Brandon University.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £17.94
- £32.34Trending at £34.08
- £13.79Trending at £19.95
- £13.99Trending at £20.99
- £23.44Trending at £40.08
- £9.70Trending at £10.23
- £9.45Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.