All listings for this product
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £10.09Trending at £13.89
- £24.53Trending at £29.23
- £12.41Trending at £21.17
- £41.64Trending at £69.13
- £17.55Trending at £18.21
- £31.41Trending at £33.56
- £23.39Trending at £25.24
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on the big picture and the interdisciplinary origins of philosophical thinking for an unmatched, provocative, timeless overview. This title helps to nurture the analytical skills and enthusiasm your students need to evaluate critically and contribute to the big picture of Western philosophy for themselves.
- Author BiographyJames Christian received an STB in Historical Theology and a PhD in Philosophy of History, both from Boston University and is now Professor Emeritus at Santa Ana College. Long renowned for his engaging teaching and writing style, he is also author of I am also the author of ETI: The First Encounter, and a two-volume history of Western thought entitled The Wisdom Seekers: Great Philosophers of the Western World (Wadsworth, 2002). Of his approach, Christian says Intellectually, I am a child of my teacher Arnold Toynbee who instilled in me a passion to see all existence as a single phenomenon but without losing sight of the most minute details-this cave painting, this footnote, this flower in this crannied wall.
- Author(s)James Christian
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication26/01/2011
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight1240 g
- Width206 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementInternational Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.