All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhilosophy East/West showcases new scholarship in the philosophy of education and contemplative studies, paying particular attention to the intersection of mindfulness, evidence-based science, and wisdom traditions.
- Author BiographyOren Ergas lectures at the School of Education at the Hebrew University and at a number of teacher colleges in Israel. His research focuses on curricular and pedagogical aspects of contemplative education. His work has been published widely in peer-reviewed journals and books, including Critical Studies in Education, Paideusis, The Journal of Transformative Education, The Routledge International Handbook for Education, Religion and Values (2013) and New Social Foundations: Education in Post-Secular Society (2015). Sharon Todd is Professor of Education at Maynooth University, Ireland. She has written extensively on ethical relations, the politics of education, feminism, and issues of cultural difference and social justice. She is the author of Toward an Imperfect Education: Facing Humanity, Rethinking Cosmopolitanism (2009) and Learning from the Other: Levinas, Psychoanalysis and Ethical Possibilities in Education (2003) and is the co-editor of Re-imagining Educational Relationships: Ethics, Politics and Practices (Wiley, 2014).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/01/2016
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleJournal of Philosophy of Education
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight394 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byOren Ergas,Sharon Todd
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.49Trending at £4.83
- £3.63Trending at £3.72
- £4.24Trending at £4.78
- £22.29Trending at £23.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.99
- £19.24Trending at £19.71
- £10.20Trending at £10.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.