All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Laurence D. Houlgate
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication09/02/2017
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleAMINTAPHIL: The Philosophical Foundations of Law and Justice
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content NoteXIII, 283 p.
- Weight613 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2017
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1. Introduction.Part I. Law, morals and the U.S. constitutionChapter 2. Natural law theory.Chapter 3. Legal positivism.Chapter 4. Theories of constitutional interpretation.Part II. State intervention.Chapter 5. The limits of state intervention in the family.Chapter 6. Child neglect and abuse.Chapter 7. Family crimes.Chapter 8. Family torts and remedies.Part III. Marriage, parents and children.Chapter 9. Marriage: access and alternatives.Chapter 10. Children, parents and the stage.Part IV. Family planning and the law.Chapter 11. Custody and surrogate parenthood.Chapter 12. Abortion and disposal of frozen embryos bibliography.
- Author BiographyLaurence Houlgate is Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, California. He received M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in philosophy at the University of California, Los Angeles, and has previously held professorships at the University of California, Santa Barbara and George Mason University, Virginia. He has published many articles in legal and philosophical journals and is the author of The Child and the State, Family and State, and Morals, Marriage and Parenthood.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.04
- £32.33Trending at £33.22
- £29.85Trending at £32.99
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £20.62Trending at £30.00
- £4.45Trending at £4.99
- £6.82Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.