All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaurice Cowling was one of the most controversial historians and thinkers and a key figure in modern British Conservatism. This book presents Cowling's vision of British democracy and places it in its broader intellectual context.
- Author BiographyRobert Crowcroft completed his Ph.D. at the University of Leeds in 2007, and currently teaches in the School of History. He is the author of Attlee's War, forthcoming with I.B.Tauris, and has published several articles and essays, including 'The High PoliticsA of Labour Party factionalism, 1950-55', in Historical Research (2008). S. J. D. Green is Reader in Modern British History at the University of Leeds and fellow of All Souls College, Oxford. He is author of Religion in the Age of Decline: Organisation and Experience in Industrial Yorkshire c. 1870-1920 (Cambridge University Press, 1996) and The Passing of Protestant England: Secularisation and Social Change c.1920-1960 (forthcoming, Cambridge University Press). Richard Whiting is Professor of Modern British History at the University of Leeds and author of The Labour Party and Taxation (Cambridge University Press, 2001).
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2010
- GenrePolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleInternational Library of Political Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 32
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight540 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byRichard Whiting,Robert Crowcroft,S. J. D. Green,S.J.D. Green
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.12Trending at £9.96
- £27.30Trending at £29.02
- £11.43Trending at £12.22
- £10.20Trending at £12.99
- £14.98Trending at £21.31
- £28.89Trending at £30.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.