All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/06/2016
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight316 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAmanda Fulford,Naomi Hodgson
- Table Of ContentsPart I: * Research, Researching and the Researched * Research at the Crossroads * Educational Inquiry and Philosophy of Education Part II: Illustrates the multiple ways in which non-empirical research can be undertaken in education, as outlined in Part I. It will do this by presenting a number of examples of ongoing research by international scholars and practitioners in the field, each addressing a different substantive area of policy or practice, and each illustrating a different mode of analysis. Part III This final part of the text is a critical reflection on Part II. It has three broad aims: * To show how theoretical/philosophical writing is concerned with policy and practice. This will be demonstrated with reference to the contributions from Part II and by analysing to what extent these might be arranged/classified to make more explicit the nature of any difference, and how such thinking might be productive for thinking about education; * To say that theoretical/philosophical research cannot be separated from the practice (and the practise) of philosophical reading and writing; * To show that the practices of reading and writing that we illustrate are ones that position the researcher and the researched in a particular way: they open up a starting point for new ways of thinking both about the self and about education.
- Author BiographyAmanda Fulford is Head of Postgraduate Programmes in the Institute of Childhood and Education and Associate Principal Lecturer in Education Research at Leeds Trinity University, UK. Naomi Hodgson is Visiting Research Fellow in the Laboratory for Education and Society, KU Leuven, Belgium, and Visiting Lecturer at Liverpool Hope University, UK.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.09
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £14.94Trending at £18.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.65
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £25.99Trending at £28.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.