All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Marc van de Mieroop
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication14/02/2017
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface vii PART I AN ESSAY IN BABYLONIAN EPISTEMOLOGY Chapter 1: At the Time of Creation 3 PART II THE ORDER OF THINGS (LES MOTS ET LES CHOSES) Chapter 2: Word Lists: A Very Short History 35 Chapter 3: Constructing Reality 59 PART III WRITINGS OF THE GODS Chapter 4: Omen Lists in Babylonian Culture 87 Chapter 5: The Structure of Knowledge of the Universe 113 PART IV THE WORD OF THE LAW Chapter 6: Of Ancient Codes 143 Chapter 7: The Philosopher-King 156 PART V A BABYLONIAN EPISTEMOLOGY Chapter 8: Babylonian Epistemology in History 185 Chapter 9: The Conceptual Autonomy of Babylonian Epistemology 216 Notes 225 Bibliography 257 Index 291
- Author BiographyMarc Van De Mieroop is professor of history at Columbia University. His books include The Ancient Mesopotamian City, King Hammurabi of Babylon, A History of the Ancient Near East, The Eastern Mediterranean in the Age of Ramesses II, and A History of Ancient Egypt.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.01
- £32.33Trending at £33.18
- £29.85Trending at £32.99
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £9.84Trending at £10.24
- £20.62Trending at £29.95
- £4.45Trending at £4.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.