All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.68
- £9.95Trending at £10.14
- £8.74Trending at £8.89
- £10.30Trending at £15.09
About this product
- Author(s)Marta Bertolaso
- Date of Publication25/08/2016
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleHistory, Philosophy and Theory of the Life Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note13 Tables, color; 13 Illustrations, color; XV, 190 p. 13 illus. in color.
- Weight482 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
- Table Of Contents1. Cancer Biology.- 2. The Evolution of Explanatory Models of Cancer.- 3. The Systemic Approach to Cancer: Models and Epistemology.- 4. The Tissue Organization Field Theory and an Anti-Reductionist Campaign.- 5. Towards a Relational Ontology for Cancer.- 6. On Biological Explanations.- 7. Complementary Issues of a Relational View of Biological Determination.
- Author BiographyMarta Bertolaso is Assistant Professor for Philosophy of Science at University Campus Bio-Medico of Rome, Italy. After a degree in Biological Sciences and some years in the lab, she developed her academic career in the Philosophy of Life Sciences. Her expertise in philosophy of cancer, scientific practice and philosophy of complex organized systems has allowed her to collaborate with various journals and to publish monographs and papers sometimes in collaboration with established scientists. Supported by Visiting or Scholar Fellowships, she has worked in prestigious international research centres for Philosophy of Science including Pittsburgh (PA, USA), Exeter (UK), Paris (France) and the European Oncology Institute (IEO). She promotes and coordinates an international and interdisciplinary research network, participates in funded national and international research and educational projects. Lecturer for philosophy and epistemology in scientific practice in different courses at Campus Bio-Medico, she has been giving seminars and talks in different Universities and countries.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.