All listings for this product
Best-selling in Language
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology brings together a diversity of readings in the philosophy of language from the ancient Greeks to contemporary analytic, feminist, and multicultural perspectives. The emphasis is on issues that have a direct bearing on concerns about knowledge, reality, meaning, and understanding.
- Author BiographyAndrea Nye is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Wisconsin--Whitewater. She is the author of Feminist Theory and the Philosophies of Man (1988), Words of Power: a Feminist Reading of the History of Logic (1990), Philosophia: the Thought of Rosa Luxemburg, Simone Weil, Hannah Arendt (1994), Philosophy and Feminism: at the Border (1995).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/01/1998
- Series TitlePhilosophy: The Big Questions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight726 g
- Width176 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAndrea Nye
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.