All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note72 colour illustrations
- Weight518 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAndres Mario Zervigon,Dr. Sabine Tania Kriebel
- Table Of ContentsContents List of figures About the contributors Introduction Sabine T. Kriebel and Andres Mario Zervigon Prelude Three or Four Kinds of Indeterminacy in the Photograph Douglas R. Nickel Part I Between Facticity and Fiction 1 No Room for Doubt? Daguerre and his First Critics Steffen Siegel 2 Blowing Up the World: On the Evidentiary Cultures of Enlargement, ca, 1893-1917 Jordan Bear 3 A Magician Among the Spirit Photographs: Reflections on Houdini's Doubt Louis Kaplan Part II Instabilities of the Medium 4 Reaching Beyond the Index: The Publication of News Photographs Thierry Gervais 5 The Camera Work of the PM Sketch Report Jason E. Hill 6 Robert Capa and the Turn to Forensics Vincent Lavoie Part III From Aporia to Anomie: Photography Deconstructed 7 Moholy's Doubt Susan Laxton 8 Max Ernst: Graceful Photographer Adrian Sudhalter 9 Atomisation, Anomie and Farewell to Photography Sarah Kelleher Part IV Indeterminacy 10 Controlling Doubt: Abstract Painting and Photography John J. Curley 11 Clouded Judgment: Conceptual Art, Photography and the Discourse of Doubt Heather Diack 12 Methodological Position for Second Degree Art History Robert Slifkin Selected Bibliography Index
- Author BiographySabine T. Kriebel teaches at the University College Cork, Republic of Ireland, where she has taught modern art and photography since 2004. Kriebel is author of Revolutionary Beauty: The Radical Photomontages of John Heartfield (2014) and has published widely on photography and photography theory, photomontage, and mass-circulation magazines. Andres Mario Zervigon is Associate Professor in the Art History Department at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. He is author of John Heartfield and the Agitated Image: Photography, Persuasion, and the Rise of Avant-Garde Photomontage (2012) and coeditor of Photography and Its Origins (with Sheehan, 2015).
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £2.95Trending at £3.02
- £6.99Trending at £8.69
- £13.83Trending at £19.14
- £17.11Trending at £25.05
- £7.80Trending at £11.67
- £17.02Trending at £17.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.