All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMoving the critical debate about photography away from its Euro-American center of gravity, this title breaks with the notion that photographic history is best seen as the explosion of a Western technology advanced by the work of singular individuals.
- Author BiographyChristopher Pinney is Reader in Anthropology and Visual Culture at University College London. He is author of Camera Indica: The Social Life of Indian Photographs and coeditor of Pleasure and the Nation and Beyond Aesthetics.Nicolas Peterson is Reader in Anthropology at the Australian National University. He is coeditor of Citizenship and Indigenous Australians: Changing Conceptions and Possibilities.
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication24/04/2003
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleObjects/Histories
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note128 halftones, 1 table
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byChristopher Pinney,Nicolas Peterson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £19.25Trending at £26.93
- £17.75Trending at £25.02
- £16.42Trending at £24.99
- £13.36Trending at £20.65
- £14.89Trending at £19.94
- £9.58Trending at £12.96
- £11.66Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.