All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book surveys physical, optical and spectroscopic properties of nanocomposites formed from carbon nanotubes interfaced with organic and inorganic materials. Covers light harvesting, energy conversion, photoinduced charge separation and transport and more.
- Author BiographyDr. I. A. Levitsky, Principal Scientist at Emitech, Inc. and Adjunct Faculty of Chemistry of the University of RI, has over 20 years of experience in experimental and theoretical study of optoelectronic properties of organic and nanocomposite materials, including carbon nanotubes, organic-inorganic nanocomposite and conjugated polymers. For the past ten years his scientific interests were concentrated on fundamental and applied aspects of optoelectronics and photophysics of various nanocomposites from carbon nanotubes and other organic and inorganic materials. In these studies the broad area of CNT based composites is covered from photoactuation phenomena to new generation of hybrid solar cells and photodetectors. He is the co-author of more than 50 publications in peer reviewed journals, and eight patents and patent applications. Dr. W. B. Euler, is a professor of Chemistry and co-director of the Center of the Sensor and Surface Technology Partnership of the University of RI. He has more than 90 publications in peer reviewed journals, covering topics such as solid state chemistry and physics, conducting materials, polymer synthetic chemistry, photochemistry, and IR, UV-Vis, and EPR spectroscopy. His interests also include carbon nanotube interaction with ionomeric polymers resulting in photomechanical effects. Dr. V.A. Karachevtsev, is Head of the Molecular Biophysics Department at the B.I. Verkin Institute for Low Temperature Physics&Engin., National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. He is an author and co-author of 81 papers in peer reviewed journals. His research is focused on novel nanobiohybrids formed by interfacing carbon nanotubes with biological molecules/polymers and the study of their photophysical and biophysical properties. In these investigations he is combining the experimental methods (Luminescence, absorption, Raman spectroscopy) with molecular dynamics simulations and ab initio calculation. An important aspect of his research is the application of these biohybrids in nanomedicine and biosensing.
- Author(s)Igor A. Levitsky,Victor A. Karachevtsev,William B. Euler
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication22/12/2012
- GenreTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight421 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.09
- £9.22Trending at £10.99
- £19.99Trending at £23.80
- £30.79Trending at £33.99
- £21.79Trending at £22.04
- £28.00Trending at £30.23
- £16.99Trending at £18.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.