All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £3.78Trending at £6.99
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £23.56Trending at £40.09
- £11.91Trending at £19.99
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
About this product
- DescriptionHelps to master the fundamentals of Photoshop Elements 8. This title includes step-by-step tutorials, over 4 hours of exclusive video demonstrations, and hands-on projects to help you improve your knowledge and hone your skills.
- Author BiographyElectronic publishing pioneer Deke McClelland is a popular lecturer on Adobe Photoshop and the larger realm of computer graphics and design. He has hosted the interactive Video Workshop CD that shipped with Photoshop Versions 7, CS, and CS2, as well as hundreds of hours of tutorial-style video training for industry leaders lynda.com and Total Training. In addition to his video work, Deke has written 84 books translated into 24 languages, with more than 4 million copies in print. One of the most award-winning writers in the technology market, Deke received the Benjamin Franklin Award for Best Computer Book in 1989. Since then, he has garnered more than 20 honors, including seven independent citations from the Computer Press Association. In 2002, he was inducted into the Photoshop Hall of Fame. In 2004 Deke created the One-on-OneA' book series, which uses video, step-by-step exercises, and hundreds of full-color illustrations to provide readers with the closest thing possible to private instruction from a recognized expert. These ambitious, self-paced guides include the bestselling Adobe Photoshop CS2 One-on-One and Adobe InDesign CS2 One-on-One. Late in 2006 Deke teamed up with vanguard online training company lynda.com to bring the One-on-One training strategy to a line of video products, beginning with Photoshop CS3 Beta One-on-One Preview, the first series available for the public beta of Photoshop CS3. In addition to the full 20-plus hour Photoshop CS3 One-on-One, his plans include Illustrator One-on-One and InDesign One-on-One. Among Deke's current lynda.com videos are Photoshop Elements 5 Essentials and the #1 ranked Photoshop CS2 Channels and Masks (available for immediate viewing at www.lynda.com/deke). Deke is an Adobe Certified Expert, a member of the PhotoshopWorld Instructor Dream Team, and a regular speaker for the Photoshop Fling cruise seminars. Deke lives in Boulder, Colorado with his wife and two super-powered boys. Colleen Wheeler is an editor in the Digital Media group at O'Reilly. Her recent projects include Stephen Johnson on Digital Photography, The DAM Book: Digital Asset Management for Photographers by Peter Krogh, Information Dashboard Design by Stephen Few, and Mikkel Aaland's book on the multimedia, intercontinental experience known as the Photoshop Lightroom Adventure. Colleen is currently trying to become a late-blooming Adobe InDesign expert, which is having the side-effect of making her a discerning consumer of software instructional material and a better, more compassionate editor. She is a regular contributor to the O'Reilly Digital Media and Inside Lightroom blogs. She considers herself lucky to work with smart, creative, geeky people all day, then go home to her son who shows definite signs of being all of the above.
- Author(s)Colleen Wheeler,Deke McClelland
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication05/01/2010
- GenreSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight898 g
- Width203 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.