Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom a host of in-text features to a range of technology resources, this title offers everything you need to understand the natural forces and principles of physics. Each chapter includes a wide range of examples, exercises, and illustrations that help you understand the laws of physics and succeed in your course.
- Author BiographyRaymond A. Serway (PhD, Illinois Institute of Technology) is Professor Emeritus at James Madison University. His honors and awards include an honorary doctorate degree from his alma mater, Utica College, the 1990 Madison Scholar Award at James Madison University, the Distinguished Teaching Award at Clarkson University in 1977, and the Alumni Achievement Award from Utica College in 1985. As Guest Scientist at the IBM Research Laboratory in Zurich, Switzerland, he worked with K. Alex Muller, 1987 Nobel Prize recipient. He was a visiting scientist at Argonne National Laboratory, where he collaborated with his mentor and friend, the late Sam Marshall. Dr. Serway is the coauthor of COLLEGE PHYSICS, Eleventh Edition; PHYSICS FOR SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS, Ninth Edition; PRINCIPLES OF PHYSICS, Fifth Edition; ESSENTIALS OF COLLEGE PHYSICS; MODERN PHYSICS, Third Edition; and the high school textbook PHYSICS, published by Holt McDougal. He has published more than 40 research papers in the field of condensed matter physics and has given more than 60 presentations at professional meetings. John W. Jewett, Jr., earned his undergraduate degree in physics at Drexel University and his doctorate at Ohio State University, specializing in optical and magnetic properties of condensed matter. Dr. Jewett began his academic career at Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, where he taught from 1974 to 1984. He is currently Emeritus Professor of Physics at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Through his teaching career, Dr. Jewett has been active in promoting science education. In addition to receiving four National Science Foundation grants, he helped found and direct the Southern California Area Modern Physics Institute (SCAMPI) and Science IMPACT (Institute for Modern Pedagogy and Creative Teaching). Dr. Jewett's honors include the Stockton Merit Award at Richard Stockton College in 1980, selection as Outstanding Professor at California State Polytechnic University for 1991-1992, and the Excellence in Undergraduate Physics Teaching Award from the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) in 1998. In 2010, he received an Alumni Lifetime Achievement Award from Drexel University in recognition of his contributions in physics education. He has given over 100 presentations both domestically and abroad, including multiple presentations at national meetings of the AAPT. Dr. Jewett is the author of THE WORLD OF PHYSICS: MYSTERIES, MAGIC, AND MYTH, which provides many connections between physics and everyday experiences. In addition to his work on PHYSICS FOR SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS, he is the coauthor for PRINCIPLES OF PHYSICS, Fifth Edition, as well as GLOBAL ISSUES, a four-volume set of instruction manuals in integrated science for high school. Dr. Jewett enjoys playing keyboard with his all-physicist band, traveling, and collecting antique quack medical devices that can be used as demonstration apparatus in physics lectures. Most importantly, he relishes spending time with his wife Lisa and their children and grandchildren.
- Author(s)John Jewett,Raymond Serway
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication03/10/2014
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1792 g
- Width222 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement9th edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £24.22Trending at £26.09
- £31.22Trending at £32.09
- £23.02Trending at £23.27
- £25.98Trending at £26.99
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £17.28Trending at £22.31
- £10.98Trending at £16.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.