Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £19.99Trending at £28.05
- £29.22Trending at £38.27
- £11.76Trending at £14.18
- £18.51Trending at £19.20
- £14.76Trending at £15.14
- £7.86Trending at £11.10
- £14.50Trending at £17.78
About this product
- DescriptionPhytoremediation is a cleanup method for heavy metal contamination in soil and water that draws upon the metal accumulating properties of certain plants. Sufficiently low cost to allow the cleanup of sites previously considered unfeasible, it also preserves topsoil and reduces the amount of hazardous materials generated during cleanup.
- Author BiographyILYA RASKIN, PhD, is Professor of Plant Sciences at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Dr. Raskin has 20 years of research experience in plant biology. His pioneering research has led to 90 major publications and numerous prestigious awards. BURT D. ENSLEY, PhD, is President and CEO of Phytotech Inc. Dr. Ensley has 15 years of industrial experience, primarily in the research and development of biological processes for the treatment of hazardous wastes. He is the author of numerous book chapters and articles on the subject.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/1999
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight626 g
- Width167 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBurt D. Ensley,Ilya Raskin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.