All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn original introduction to the book of Revelation through the use of art history, with attention also given to the reception of the text in music, literature, and popular culture.
- Author BiographyNatasha O'Hear specialises in artistic interpretations of the Book of Revelation. She completed a PhD on the subject at Oxford University in 2008 and this led to her first monograph with OUP in 2011 Contrasting Images of the Book of Revelation in Late Medieval and Early Modern Art: A Case Study in Visual Exegesis. She has also published several articles on the subject. Having formerly held a Lectureship in New Testament Theology at Worcester College, Oxford, she now teaches at Burlington Danes Academy in West London. Natasha has recently been appointed Honorary Lecturer in Theology, Imagination and the Arts at the University of St Andrews Anthony O'Hear is Professor of Philosophy at Buckingham University and Director of the Royal Institute of Philosophy. He has been a government advisor on education to five secretaries of state for education. He has been editor of the journal Philosophy since 1995, and is the author of many books and articles including The Great Books: From The Iliad and The Odyssey to Goethe's Faust: A Journey Through 2,500 Years of the West's Classic Literature (Icon Books, 2007), Plato's Children (Gordon Square, 2005), and Philosophy in the New Century (Continuum, 2001).
- Author(s)Anthony O'Hear,Natasha O'Hear
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note120 images; two 16-page colour plate sections
- Weight745 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.71Trending at £24.60
- £6.78Trending at £8.49
- £20.10Trending at £29.55
- £19.99Trending at £23.87
- £5.89Trending at £6.10
- £12.58Trending at £15.70
- £18.47Trending at £19.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.