All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEve A. Pollecoff here tells the story of Otto Markus - 'Pioneer Merchant Trader' - who established his East African Trading Company in the wake of growing British interest in East Africa: especially Kenya and Uganda.
- Author BiographyEve A. Pollecoff was born in Mombasa, Kenya and is the granddaughter of Otto Markus. She received early education locally, including Kenya High School, Nairobi, before Cheltenham Ladies College. After St Andrew's University and postgraduate work at Oxford University, she worked for the Economist Intelligence Unit and after a period living in the USA, taught history of ballet at Rambert Ballet School and at the Stella Mann School, before returning to the EIU. She has served as a JP on the Richmond Bench. Eve A. Pollecoff has written the life of her grandfather as a contribution to the economic history o East Africa, as a family history and especially as a fond debt to her grandfather's memory.
- Author(s)Eve A. Pollecoft
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication18/12/2011
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note32 in 16pp bw plates
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.48
- £18.69Trending at £23.70
- £3.95Trending at £4.01
- £10.30Trending at £15.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.