All listings for this product
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £33.88Trending at £44.93
- £9.25Trending at £10.68
- £6.48Trending at £6.66
- £16.20Trending at £19.98
- £15.99Trending at £19.98
- £6.44Trending at £7.98
- £5.50Trending at £7.98
About this product
- DescriptionDramatizes the dilemmas of Jewish young people in late Tsarist Russia as they strive to throw off their traditional religious upbringing to adopt a secular and modern identity. This book reveals the tensions and triumphs of coming of age in a revolutionary time.
- Author BiographyS. A. An-sky, pseudonym of Shloyme-Zanvl Rapoport (1863-1920), was a Russian Jewish writer, ethnographer, and cultural and political activist. He is best known today for his play The Dybbuk. Michael R. Katz is C. V. Starr Professor Emeritus of Russian and East European Studies at Middlebury College. He is author of Dreams and the Unconscious in Nineteenth-Century Russian Fiction and is translator of a dozen Russian novels, including works by Turgenev, Tolstoy, and Dostoevsky.
- Author(s)S. A. An-Sky
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication25/02/2014
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleJewish Literature & Culture
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byMichael R. Katz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.