All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.24Trending at £10.96
- £26.45Trending at £27.73
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.96
- £10.89Trending at £12.26
- £18.09Trending at £19.16
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication13/07/2016
- GenreEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGulf Professional Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrated; Illustrations, unspecified
- Weight570 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1. Introduction Chapter 2. Pipeline Leak Detection Basics Chapter 3. Mass Balance Leak Detection Chapter 4. Real-Time Transient Model-Based Leak Detection Chapter 5. Statistical Processing and Leak Detection Chapter 6. Rarefaction Wave and Deviation Alarm Systems Chapter 7. External and Intermittent Leak Detection System Types Chapter 8. Leak Detection System Infrastructure Chapter 9. Leak Detection Performance, Testing, and Tuning Chapter 10. Human Factor Considerations in Leak Detection Chapter 11. Implementation and Installation of Pipeline Leak Detection Systems Chapter 12. Regulatory Requirements Chapter 13. Leak Detection and Risk-Based Integrity Management
- Author BiographyPresident of MH Consulting, Inc., a project management, systems analysis, and organizational training firm that specializes in the petrochemical and telecommunications industry. His education background includes a BA in Technology Management from Eckerd College, a BSc in Electronic Engineering from Kennedy Western University, an MS in Project Management from The George Washington University, and a PhD in System Science and Engineering Management from Old Dominion. He is an experienced systems engineer with an extensive background in petrochemical/pipeline business including expertise in leak detection systems. Experienced engineer with an extensive background in the petrochemical/pipeline business, including oversight of people, teams and projects; organization structure and processes; and technical and economic analysis, system development and maintenance, and engineering design. Key specializations include pipeline hydraulics, leak detection, SCADA systems, and simulation based training. Ed Nicholas specializes in providing Leak Detection support services and Pipeline Simulation solutions to the Pipeline Industry. He has served as the technical consultant for large pipeline simulation projects. In addition, he is a software developer and often provides key components for simulation systems. He regularly provides technical and software support to users of installed real-time pipeline simulation systems. Ed Nicholas has been a pioneer in the fields of pipeline leak detection, pipeline thermal modeling, and transient modeling of slack line flow in liquid pipelines. Ed Nicholas has been managing software projects and developing software products since 1979. His primary applications area has been in the field of real time pipeline operations aids for the pipeline industry. A major focus has been in the areas of real time dynamic pipeline simulation and pipeline leak detection. He has substantial experience working in pipeline control rooms with real time software packages and integrating them with a variety of different data acquisition and control systems.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.