Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.03
- £19.38Trending at £30.09
- £11.70Trending at £13.82
- £10.41Trending at £14.52
- £10.87Trending at £12.37
- £11.98Trending at £15.22
- £10.28Trending at £13.98
About this product
- DescriptionBy probing public health interventions in the setting of one of the most visible ethnic communities in United States history, Plague, Fear, and Politics in San Francisco's Chinatown offers insight into the clash of Eastern and Western cultures in a time of medical emergency.
- Author BiographyA physician and historian, Guenter B. Risse is professor emeritus of the history of medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, and an affiliate professor at the University of Washington, Seattle. His previous books include Hospital Life in Enlightenment Scotland and Mending Bodies, Saving Souls: A History of Hospitals.
- Author(s)Guenter B. Risse
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication14/03/2012
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note1 Line drawings, black and white; 18 Halftones, black and white
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.