CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £26.14Trending at £27.37
- £82.97Trending at £89.20
- £24.23Trending at £25.19
- £23.65Trending at £26.12
- £22.21Trending at £24.32
- £16.36Trending at £22.99
- £16.56Trending at £20.31
About this product
- Description� The field of plant breeding has grown rapidly in the last decade with breakthrough research in genetics and genomics, inbred development, population improvement, hybrids, clones, self-pollinated crops, polyploidy, transgenic breeding and more.
- Author BiographyRodomiro Ortiz is Professor of Genetics and Plant Breeding at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) in Alnarp, Sweden. He worked as geneticist at Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina (UNALM), Centro Internacional de la Papa (CIP, Lima, Peru), Rutgers University (Chatsworth, New Jersey, USA) and International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA, Ibadan, Nigeria), held a Nordic professorship in plant genetic resources at the Danish Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University (merged now with the University of Copenhagen, Denmark), served as Director at the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT, Patancheru, Telangana, India), IITA, and the Centro Internacional de Mejoramiento de Maiz y Trigo (CIMMYT, El Batan, Mexico), and independent free-lance consultant for international, regional and national organizations engaged in agricultural research-for-development. CGIAR awarded IITA in 1994 the prestigious King Baudouin Award for the multidisciplinary research of the team working in plantain and banana improvement, in which Ortiz was both a hands-on researcher and program leader. His professional expertise includes genetics, genetic resources, germplasm enhancement, plant breeding, agro-biotechnology, biosafety, intellectual property rights, and developing agro-ecosystem and livelihood system approaches aiming sustainable intensification of agriculture in the developing world. His h-index was 44 according to Google Scholar at end 2014.
- Author(s)Rodomiro Ortiz Rios
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication17/09/2015
- GenreLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 Illustrations, black and white; XI, 249 p. 1 illus.
- Weight561 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2015
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.