CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.63
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.79
- £30.73Trending at £32.68
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.24
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/05/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleNATO Science Series A
- Series Part/Volume Number22
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note18 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight999 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byTom Scott
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1979
- Table Of ContentsII. Plant Growth Regulation and Agricultural Improvement Techniques.- A. Biologically Based:.- 1. Food Plants and Plant Hormones in Our Future.- 2. Agricultural Production-Research Imperatives for the Future.- 3. Root Hormones and Overground Development.- 4. The Role of Hormones in Promoting and Developing Growth to Select New Varieties in Sterile Culture.- 5. Somatic Hybridization and Genetic Manipulation in Plants.- 6. Genetic Herbicide Resistance: Projections on Appearance in Weeds and Breeding for It in Crops.- 7. The Problem of Plant Breeders.- 8. Temperature Responses and Yield in Temperate Crops.- 9. Sink-Source Relationships in Fruit Trees.- B. Chemically Based.- 10. Potential for Regulation of Plant Growth and Development.- 11. Chemical Plant Growth Regulation in World Agriculture.- 12. Regulation of Flower Induction and Fruit Development.- 13. The Role and Effectiveness of Stimulative-Inhibitive Regulators on Early and Late Blooming of Fruit Trees.- 14. Structure-Activity Relationships of Some New Growth Retardants.- 15. Plant Growth Retardants: Present and Future Use in Food Production.- 16. Possibilities for Optimalization of Plant Nutrition by New Agrochemical Substances-Especially in Cereals.- 17. Growth Regulators and Assimilate Partition.- 18. Stomatal Aperture and the Senescence of Leaves.- 19. Modern Chromatographic Methods for the Identification and Quantification of Plant Growth Regulators and Their Application to Studies of the Changes in Hormonal Substances in Winter Wheat During Acclimation to Cold Stress Conditions.- C. Physically and Environmentally Based:.- 20. A Proposal for the Application of Growth Regulators in Turkey in Relation to Agricultural Potential.- 21. Creative Botany: Its Role in Meeting the Major Temperate and Tropical Agricultural Problems of the Future.- 22. Preconditioning of Seeds to Improve Performance.- 23. Water Stress: A Challenge for the Future of Agriculture.- 24. Water Stress and Its Implication (Irrigation) in the Future of Agriculture.- 25. Biomass, Present and Future.- 26. Reflections on C4 Photosynthesis and Plant Productivity.- III. Planning for the Future.- 27. Agriculture in the Year 2000: A Script for Survival.- 28. Agricultural Management Strategies, Initiatives, and Goals for Survival.- IV. List of Participants.- V. Author Index.- VI. Plant Name Index.- VII. Subject Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.