Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.68
- £14.98Trending at £16.68
- £13.02Trending at £20.00
- £10.99Trending at £12.55
- £2.81Trending at £3.96
- £4.99Trending at £8.80
- £4.57Trending at £5.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers all basic and applied aspects of plant tissue culture (PTC) for students and early-career researchers. It includes well-tested protocols and relevant media compositions that will prove helpful in conducting laboratory experiments.
- Author BiographyDr S.S. Bhojwani has over 40 years of experience of research and teaching Plant Biotechnology to undergraduate and postgraduate students. After 33 years of service at the Department of Botany, University of Delhi, in 2002 Professor Bhojwani moved to Agra as the Director of the Dayalbagh Educational Institute (Deemed University). He continues as Emeritus Professor of Botany with the DEI. Prof. Bhojwani has published over 90 original research papers in reputed international journals and guided 17 doctoral and 11 M.Phil. thesis and authored/edited 7 books on Plant Tissue Culture and the Embryology of Angiosperms, some of which have been translated into Japanese and Korean languages. Prof. Bhojwani has been a Member of Organizing Committee, Session Chairman, Organizer of Workshop, and Invited Speaker for several National and International Conferences held in India and overseas. He has been the recipient of many international Fellowships for advanced research in Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Germany, South Korea, and U.K. He has been on the editorial boards of the journals Scientia Horticulurae, Plant Biotechnology Reports and Plant Tissue Culture. Dr. P.K. Dantu has 20 years of research and teaching experience in the field of Plant Biotechnology. After completing Ph.D. in 1992, he joined IARI and worked on genetic modification of Lathyrus sativus to produce OX-DAPRO-free lines. He was instrumental in setting up a commercial plant tissue culture laboratory with a production capacity of half-a-million horticultural species. In 1997, Dr Dantu returned to academics and after a brief stint at University of Delhi, in 2004 he joined the Department of Botany, DEI as Associate Professor and was promoted to Professor in 2012. Prof. Dantu is currently working on various biotechnological aspects of medicinal plants. He has guided 5 doctoral and 4 M.Phil. theses and 10 M.Sc. dissertations. He has published 20 research papers and contributed 6 book chapters. He participated in several national and international conferences and was invited as Resource person to the International conference on Biodiversity Conservation and Education for Sustainable Development: Learning to Conserve Biodiversity in a Rapidly Developing World held during CBD COP-11 in Hyderabad.
- Author(s)Prem Kumar Dantu,Sant Saran Bhojwani
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2013
- Language(s)English & English
- GenreAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note38 black & white tables, biography
- Weight856 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.